* U.S. CDC SAYS DELIVERED 312,508,205 DOSES OF COVID-19 VACCINE AS OF MAY 1 VERSUS 308,774,155 DOSES AS OF APRIL 30
* U.S. CDC SAYS ADMINISTERED 243,463,471 DOSES OF COVID-19 VACCINE AS OF MAY 1 VERSUS 240,159,677 DOSES AS OF APRIL 30
* U.S. CDC SAYS 146,239,208 INDIVIDUALS HAVE RECEIVED AT LEAST ONE DOSE OF COVID-19 VACCINE AS OF MAY 1 VERSUS 144,894,586 INDIVIDUALS AS OF APRIL 30
* U.S. CDC SAYS 103,422,555 INDIVIDUALS HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 AS OF MAY 1 VERSUS 101,407,318 INDIVIDUALS AS OF APRIL 30
* U.S. CDC SAYS 7,799,933 DOSES OF COVID-19 VACCINE ADMINISTERED IN LONG-TERM CARE HOMES AS OF MAY 1 VERSUS 7,797,395 DOSES ADMINISTERED AS OF APRIL 30
Vaccination rates vary by county, determined by local factors
COVID-19 has disproportionately affected certain underserved and high-risk populations, including people of color, those with underlying health conditions, and those who are socioeconomically disadvantaged. Ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines for these communities can help address the disparate health effects of the virus and achieve herd immunity.
The Biden administration has identified vaccine equity as a priority, but states and local jurisdictions vary in how and the extent to which they prioritize equity. Given that vaccine roll-out in the U.S. is inherently local, understanding how vaccination rates vary at the local level is important for informing outreach efforts and addressing equity.
Earlier CDC analysis found that, as of early March, counties with high social vulnerability had lower vaccination rates than counties with low social vulnerability.
Source: Kaisesr Permanente Foundation
Dr. Anandi Gopal Joshi, the first Indian physician trained in the United States
Anandibai travelled to New York from Kolkata (Calcutta) by ship, chaperoned by two female English missionary acquaintances of the Thorborns. In New York, Theodicia Carpenter received her in June 1883. Anandibai wrote to the Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, asking to be admitted to their medical program, which was the second women’s medical […]